Sunday 8 June 2014

The GloBag : The last Gym Bag you would ever need.

Sometimes the best way to put some fire in your fitness routine is to get some new gear. If you're in the market for a gym bag, You might find one with the right amount of pockets, but the zippers don’t work. You might find one the perfect size, but the fabric rips. Check out the GloBag ($89). It has a compartment for just about everything. 



I love that your sneakers fit snug in the bottom-side compartment, and there's still room inside the bag to fit a towel, change of clothes, and another pair of shoes. There are also inside pockets to hold a water bottle, undies, and other small items. 
Even just looking at photographs, I had a sense this bag was different. Since I've had one to try out for real, it has quickly become my favorite gym bag in a long time.

First a quick rundown of the basic features of the GloBag bag:

  • Made with durable ballistic Nylon
  • Easy to wipe Clean
  • Dimensions: 9" w x 18" h x 14" d
  • Fits up to men's shoe size 14 (women's 16)
  • Many pouches in a variety of sizes
  • Seemingly indestructible zippers

The size of the bag is great. It is neither too big nor too small. I feel as if I could fit everything I need in here, but also not feel like I’m hauling around a giant pack or be unable to use public transportation. The canvas feels thick and, unlike other wimpy bags I’ve had in the past, I think I’d be hard-pressed to put any rips in this fabric.
This bag also has numerous pouches and compartments. Things I liked were the different sizes of the pouches and the different methods for enclosing them – some are zippered, some have big strips of Velcro, some are canvas, and some are open mesh. I feel pretty confident that whatever you put in your gym bag, the Globag has a place to put it. 


The shoe compartment is a particularly nice addition. If you do a variety of training, you no doubt also have a variety of shoes. This bag makes it easy to carry shoes, or whatever else you might have in separate compartments for keeping the rest of your stuff clean and shoe-stink free. If you’ve got wet clothing items or towels, the shoe compartments can also serve as a way to keep those items separate. There are also eyelets on these compartments so the stinky air can work its way out. Nobody likes that moment when you open up a tightly sealed gym bag. Nobody.


The GloBag comes in solid Black, Black and Silver, Black and Gold, Pink and Lime and retails for $89.95. The bag I received is Black with Gold and I quite like it. And given how much money I’ve wasted on bad bags over the years, I think the price point is not bad. It might be more than you would pay for the average gym bag, but it is my conclusion this is not the average gym bag. And while I intend to treat this bag nicely and use it frequently, I think I could do very bad things to it and it would survive a long time.

The GloBag is available at http://theglobag.com for $89

No comments:

Post a Comment