Sunday 9 February 2014

Custom SLR Glide One: The Ultimate Camera Strap








If you are like me, then chances are, you find yourself constantly detaching and reattaching your camera strap. When I’m shooting long exposure shots in a breeze, I don’t want the strap whipping in the wind. 


Removing the strap while not rocket science, can be a bit time consuming, and I am the type of photographer that finds myself in ever changing situations where adding and removing the strap is not always the best use of time.

The guys from Custom SLR mailed me the Glide One Camera Strap System and I must say that I was very impressed with the quality and design of this new product.


After using this strap for a few days now I don’t even want to look at anything else on the market. The quality is beyond amazing and I'm not afraid about dropping my Nikon D5100 on my side. The great thing with the step is that its easily adjustable and long enough for wearing it on the top of a winter jacket.


This Custom SLR Glide strap combined with the Custom SLR C-loop was the answer to all of my problems. Not only is it comfortable but it puts the camera at an easy to reach spot without being in the way. I was used to having to hold my camera for long periods of time because I did not like the short factory provided neck strap that came with my camera. Now everything is a breeze. Just slip the strap on, make sure everything is tight, and off I go. No more tired wrists or camera getting bounced around or bumped.


The C-Loop can be used by itself, without the M-Plate Pro or Glide Strap. It is meant to be an attachement point for a sling or neck strap, even the one that came with your camera.

The idea is, if the connection point is on the bottom of the camera, then it is easier to bring into action and keep out of the way when shooting. This unit also swivels so gear can be carried in a different fashion (think of using the C-Loop on the collar mounting point for a 70-200mm lens and letting the lens lay sideways).

The Glide One Strap System is priced at $64,95 ... worth every penny!


No comments:

Post a Comment